Now that the NFL season has come to a full close, the league is shifting focus from football to the draft and free agency. With that change comes new responsibilities and deadlines to meet for all 32 franchises. As the clock counts down to the big events of the offseason, Baltimore Ravens fans should acquaint themselves with the NFL’s 2019 offseason calendar. The calendar marks important dates, deadlines, and periods, and the Ravens will need to accomplish certain tasks within these set time parameters. Here is the group of dates that every Baltimore Ravens fan should know this offseason.
- Feb. 19 – Teams may apply the franchise tag to eligible players.
- Feb. 26 – March 4 – The NFL Scouting Combine takes place in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- March 5 – Deadline for teams to apply the franchise tag.
- March 11-13 – Negotiations with pending unrestricted free agents (UFAs) begins.
- March 13, 4:00 PM Eastern- Start of the new league year. The day serves as the deadline to use contract options and place salary tenders for exclusive rights free agents (ERFAs). All teams must also be under the salary cap at this point, and all pending UFAs hit the market and can be signed to new deals. Teams are also allowed to trade.
- April 19 – Deadline for restricted free agents (RFAs), to sign offer sheets.
- April 25-27 – The NFL Draft takes place in Nashville, Tennessee.
- May 3-6, 10-13 – Teams may host a three-day rookie minicamp.
- Mid-July – Training camp begins, teams may host rookies and first-year players to an early training camp seven days before veterans arrive.
- August 1-4 – Hall of Fame Game takes place on August 1 in Canton Ohio, the Hall of Fame weekend follows.
- August 31, 4:00 PM Eastern – Teams must reduce rosters to 53 players.
The NFL regular season is set to kick off on Thursday, September 6, 2019. More games will be held on that Sunday, the 8th, and the traditional two Monday night games will take place on the 9th.